Dear Friends and Family Members of Sherwood Care Residents,
We are certainly getting our fair share of spring showers this week! I hope this will bring the rest of the May flowers!
Thank you to everyone who has provided feedback to us regarding the visitation process, both outdoor and virtual. We recognize the importance of this connection for you and will continue to make every effort to support this.
I wanted to share a few important updates with you regarding visitation:
- Outdoor visiting hours have now been extended from 1:00pm to 4:30pm, Monday thru Friday. This has increased the number to 9 extra available visits per day. There are now a total of 21 visiting slots per afternoon.
- In addition to the extended outdoor visiting hours, we have implemented a choice for a “Walking Visit” outdoors. If you intend on taking your loved one for a walk and do not wish to use a seating space, you may choose this option. Walking visits will also be a duration of 30 minutes and will be available at 1:15pm, 2:15pm, & 3:15pm Monday thru Friday.
- As a result of these changes, we have doubled the available outdoor visiting slots from 60 to 120 per week.
- Frequency of visits have increased from 1 visit/week to 2 visits/week per family as slots are available.
- Virtual visits have increased from 1 visit/week to 2 visits/week and are being offered in the afternoons on select days.
- In total, each resident can receive up to 2 outdoor or walking visits, and up to 2 virtual visits per week.
- You may schedule visits up to 1 week in advance. This ensures that all visitors have an equal and fair opportunity to book times to visit their loved ones.
- As before, each visit must be scheduled by the designated visitor, and that designated visitor must be present for all outdoor and walking visits.
- Thank you to all of you who have replied to identify a designated visitor. If you have not yet identified a designated visitor for your loved one, please reply to this email prior to booking a visit.
- To access the online booking, please refer to the email sent out to families on May 22, 2020.
- Should you need to cancel a visit, please do so through the confirmation email you receive when you book a visit. If you are having difficulty with this be sure to contact Amanda or Harley.
To bring a little sunshine to your day, here are some good news stories that occurred over the past week:
- Over the course of a beautiful afternoon, staff had 30 residents out in the courtyard to soak up the fresh, springtime air.
- Swiss Chalet generously donated chicken dinners to all of our staff last Wednesday afternoon.
- We had a small celebration (keeping within the COVID-19 guidelines) to acknowledge staff for their dedicated service at Sherwood Care. Service award pins were given out to those with 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 years of service.
- For Staff Appreciation Week, we hired La Patrona, Sherwood Park’s local Mexican restaurant, to serve meals from their food truck to all of our wonderful staff.
We are sincerely grateful for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. We understand that no one can replace the love and care YOU give to your loved one, and so we continue to work towards greater connections between you and your loved one within the parameters of the Ministerial orders.
Kathy Fortunat, CEO