Dear Family Members of Sherwood Care Residents,
I’m certain this has been a difficult week for you, as the restrictions around visitation came into place on Tuesday. I hope you have had the opportunity to connect with your loved one, either by phone, or video calling over the week. I know the staff are working hard to make sure you and your loved ones stay connected. If you would like to schedule a phone or video call with your loved one, please reply to this email, or phone the Care Centre at 780-467-2281.
I wanted to keep you updated about the happenings this week:
- We have no illness in the building at this time;
- All staff (including myself) are being screened before they begin work, in every department and on every shift;
- The RN’s are carrying cellphones connected to the main phone line, so access to them to inquire about your loved ones should be simpler. After hours, you will still go through the auto attendant after dialling the Care Centre phone number, and then choose 2 or 3, depending on which unit your loved one lives on;
- A mealtime assistance schedule has been developed to ensure that your loved one has the support they require for their meals; and
- Social distancing guidelines have been implemented for your loved ones, as an added measure to decrease the risk. In addition to ensuring frequent hand washing, this means the following:
- Creating more space in the dining room, by limiting 2 residents to a table;
- Creating more dining area in the lounge area;
- Reducing group activities to smaller groups while ensuring appropriate distancing (6ft/2 metres) is being followed; and
- Physicians are changing their weekly, routine in person visits to teleconferences with the RN to review their residents and provide orders or make changes. This includes care conferences, which are now only by phone for families, Physicians, and the Pharmacist
We understand that this is a challenging time and it must be very difficult for you. We want you to know that we are doing everything we can to reduce the risk to your loved ones.
We continue to follow guidelines provided by AHS and review the material daily to ensure we have the latest guidelines in place.
There have been many instances of extraordinary compassion and love this week. A few examples are:
- Nando’s chicken in Sherwood Park, providing free food for our staff (all individually packaged) in appreciation of frontline healthcare
- Our staff starting a Facebook page to share resources during this time, including TP, food, grocery pick up, and childcare
- One of our family members celebrating his Mom’s birthday this week, by decorating and standing outside her window to share Birthday wishes.
Thank you for your support from afar and for the trust you place in us to care for your loved one. We can never replace you and the relationship you have, but we will do everything we can to cover the “gap”, during this unprecedented time.