Dear Friends and Family Members of Sherwood Care Residents,
We are happy to report that we are now 100 days COVID-19 free at Sherwood Care! A huge thank you goes out to our families for supporting our efforts in keeping Sherwood Care safe and healthy for our residents and staff!
It has been a quieter week, however we would like to share with you some positive news that has occurred at the care centre:
- We began asymptomatic swabbing and of the 86 residents that were swabbed, all tested negative!. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the swabbing, please contact the RN.
- We are also encouraging our staff to receive asymptomatic swabbing.
- Staff and residents are receiving ice cream weekly — thanks to your generous donations, this has been made possible!
- Since the ease of restrictions within resident programming, there has been increased activity and fun in the building. In addition to indoor programs, there was an outdoor concert, featuring Harley (wearing a face mask), who played his guitar and sang for a small group of residents , while they enjoyed the beautiful summer weather
- We had 2 successful audits this week; one from Alberta Health, which was a surprise visit, and the other from Alberta Health Services. The audits were in regards to to compliance with the Chief Medical Officers of Health (CMOH) orders and COVID-19 preparedness. The auditors were pleased with our processes and compliance with the CMOH orders.
- In celebration of Seniors Week, a wonderful group of community members created beautiful sidewalk chalk art on our property for everyone to enjoy
- Our MLA, Jordan Walker, supplied cake for all our residents, in celebration
We are continuously grateful for your understanding, love and support during this unprecedented time. We can only begin to imagine how difficult this has been for you and your family. We will continue to provide the utmost quality care for your loved one and reassure them that you are thinking of them.
Happy Fathers’ Day to all the Dads! I hope you are celebrated for the important role that you play in the lives of your family and community.
The Bible gives us a wonderful reminder of the significant impact that Dad has in our lives.
“As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him”. Psalms 103:13
Kathy Fortunat, CEO