Dear Family & Friends of Sherwood Care Residents,
- As of today, we are off probable outbreak status, with all resident and staff swabs negative. This is a testament to the diligence of our team in taking all precautions to reduce the risk of COVID-19 entering Sherwood Care.
This beloved holiday is just around the corner and we have some suggestions and requests for you, as you make plans to remember your Mom.
- A local florist, Tickled Floral, has offered free delivery of any flowers or gift items to residents at Sherwood Care.
- This would require your order by May 5 (Tuesday) with delivery of all orders on May 8 (Friday). When placing your order there will be a code for you to use specific to Sherwood Care.
- Please see the website for more details and options:
- If you wish to bring a gift for your Mom, please make arrangements to deliver the item on Friday, May 8th or Monday, May 11th, between 8 am-5 pm.
- We appreciate your understanding and support of our front line staff focusing their time on care and not collecting deliveries.
Dr Hinshaw announced yesterday new guidelines around visitation for residents in continuing care. This is definitely exciting news for you and your loved ones in our facility.
- We received the Ministerial Order yesterday afternoon at the time of the announcement and the Leadership Team met this morning to review the order and guidelines, to prepare a plan for effective implementation at Sherwood Care.
- There are many considerations regarding providing space, time and allocation of the necessary resources for the option of outdoor visits for 100 residents and their families.
- This order is not intended to open up full visitation in continuing care centres, but recognizes the value of family to the quality of life for our residents.
- We only have to listen to the daily news to know that your loved ones in our care centre, continue to be among the most vulnerable population relative to severe effects from COVID-19.
- For this reason we want to ensure that all precautions are in place as we move forward.
- We are actively working to set up processes and guidelines to support this order.
- Our goal is to implement this next week.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please respond to this email and identify who the designated visitor will be in your family. This is a requirement of the order, as all visits will be organized by the designated visitor.
- As we work to support this visitation order, please refrain from organizing your own visits outside of the times provided. We are aware that some individuals have been jumping the fences to visit at their family member’s windows. We ask that this practice stop immediately.
Please share the information with additional family members or friends who may not be on this email list.
Thank you for partnering with us to provide compassionate and appropriate care to your family member, while actively working to reduce the risk of COVID-19 for our population.